Terms of service
Thank you for using AIDA - Artificial Intelligence for Document Automation. Our mission is to create a more immediateway of working with Documents by providing an intuitive and unified platform, which ensures that yourDocuments and Contents can be recognized and processed automatically in a secure and accessible way, helping you and those who work with you, to engage in more complex and intellectually rewarding activities. These terms of service ("Terms") relate to the use and access to our services, our client software and our websites ("Services").
1. Your Files and Your Permissions
When using the AIDA Services, the customer provides files, content, email messages, contacts and more ("Your Files"). These Files remain yours. These Terms don’t give us any rights over these Files except for the limited rights that enable AIDA to offer the Services.
We need your permission to do operations suchas analyzing files, managing and sharing themwhen you ask us to do so. AIDA Services also provide features such as connecting devices via software, processing and pre-processing documents, optical character recognition (OCR), analyzing the document with its exclusive Artificial Intelligence engine, creating document thumbnails, archiving, sharing with other platforms, search, simple ways to sort and organize, customization to reduce the workload. To provide these and other features AIDA accesses, archives and scans Your Files. You give us your permission to do these operations and this permission extends toour affiliates and trusted third parties we work with.
2. Your Responsibilities
- You are responsible for all activitiesthat occur under your account, regardless of whether the activities were authorized by you or undertaken byyou or your employees or third parties (includingcontractors, agents and the customer’s end users), and we and our affiliates are not responsible for unauthorized access to your account.
- You will ensure that Your Documents and Contents and their use, or the use of offered services, by you or the final customers,will not violate any of the Policies or any applicable law.You are solely responsible for the Documents and related Contents, management,archival on AIDA and/or third parties and the subsequent use of both the Documents and its Contents.
- Help us keep Your Files and Contents protected. Safeguard your password to the Services, and keep your account information current. Don’t share your account credentials or give others access to your account.
- You may use AIDA Services only as permitted by applicable law, including export control laws and regulations. Finally, to use AIDA Services, you must be at least 13 (or older, depending on where you live).
- You will be deemed to have taken any action that you permit, assist or facilitate any person or entity to take related to this Agreement, AIDA or use of the Service Offerings. You are responsible for End Users’ use of AIDA Services. You will ensure that all End Users comply with your obligations under this Agreement and that the terms of your agreement with each End User are consistent with this Agreement. If you become aware of any violation of your obligations under this Agreement caused by an End User, you will immediately suspend access to AIDA services by such End User.We do not provide any support or services to End Users unless we have a separate agreement with you or an End User obligating us to provide such support or services.
- Some of AIDA Services provide for the installation of client software ("Software"). So long as you comply with these Terms, we give you a limited, non exclusive, non transferable, revocable license to use the Software, solely to access the Services.
- To the extent that any component of the Software may be offered under an open source license, we’ll make that license available to you and the provisions of that license may expressly override some of these Terms. Unless the following restrictions are prohibited by law, you agree not to reverse engineer or decompile the Services, attempt to do so, or assist anyone in doing so.
4. Beta Services
- We sometimes release products and features that we’re still testing and evaluating (“Beta Services”). Beta Services are labeled “alpha,” “beta,” “preview,” “early access,” or “evaluation” (or with words or phrases with similar meanings) and may not be as reliable as other ours services, therefore you must keep this in mind when you use these services. Beta Services are made available so that we can collect user feedback. By using our Beta Services, you agree that we may contact you to collect such feedback.
- Beta Services are confidential until official launch. If you use any Beta Service, you agree not to disclose any information about those Services to anyone else without our permission.
5. Our Services
- You may access and use the Service Offerings in accordance with this Agreement. You will comply with the terms of this Agreement and all laws, rules and regulations applicable to your use of the Service Offerings.
- To access the AIDA Services, the customer must have an AIDA account associated with a valid e-mail address and a valid payment method, required after the end of the trial period.
- AIDA Services are protected by copyright, trademarks and other laws of the Italian Republic, the European Union, the United States and other countries. These Terms do not grant the customer any right, title or interest on AIDA Services, the contents of others in the Services, AIDA's brands and logos and other brand features.We welcome user’s feedback, but note that we may use comments or suggestions without any obligation to you.
6. Proprietary Rights
- Except as provided in this Section 6, we obtain no rights under this Agreement from you (or your licensors) to Your Document and Content. You consent to our use of Document and Content to provide the Service Offerings to you and any End Users.
- You represent and warrant to us that:
- You or your licensors own all right, title, and interest in and to Your Document and Content
- You have all rights in Your Document and Content necessary to grant the rights contemplated by this Agreement
- None of Your Document and Content or End Users’ use of Document and Content or the AIDA Service Offerings will violate the Acceptable Use Policy in section 13
- We and our licensors own all right and title, including those related to the technology in use and intellectual property, with regard to AIDA Services.
Subject to the terms of this Agreement, we grant you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license to do the following:
- Access and use AIDA Services solely in accordance with this Agreement
- Use AIDA Services solely in connection with your permitted use of the Services. Except as provided in this Section 6.3, you obtain no rights under this Agreement from us, our affiliates or our licensors to the Service Offerings, including any related intellectual property rights. Some AIDA or Third-Party’s components may be provided to you under a separate license, such as for example an open source license. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any separate license, the separate license can expressly prevail on some of these Terms.
- Neither you nor any End User will not be able to use any of AIDA Service in any manner or for any purpose other than those expressly permitted by this Agreement. Neither you nor any End User will, or will attempt:
- Modify, distribute, alter, tamper with, repair, or otherwise create derivative works of any Content included in the Service Offerings (except to the extent Content included in the Service Offerings is provided to you under a separate license that expressly permits the creation of derivative works)
- Reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile the Service Offerings or apply any other process or procedure to derive the source code of any software included in the Service Offerings (except to the extent applicable law doesn’t allow this restriction)
- Access or use the Service Offerings in a way intended to avoid incurring fees or exceeding usage limits or quotas
- Resell or sublicense the Service Offerings. You may only use the AIDA Marks in accordance with the Trademark Use Guidelines.
7. Account and payment
- We calculate and bill fees and charges monthly or annually. We may bill you more frequently for fees accrued if we suspect that your account is fraudulent or at risk of non-payment. You will pay us the applicable fees and charges for use of the Service Offerings using one of the payment methods we support. All amounts payable by you under this Agreement will be paid to us without setoff or counterclaim, and without any deduction or withholding. We may increase or add new fees and charges for any existing Services you are using by giving you at least 30 days’ prior notice. We may elect to charge you interest at the rate of 1.5% per month (or the highest rate permitted by law, if less) on all late payments.
- Each party will be responsible, as required under applicable law, for identifying and paying all taxes and other governmental fees and charges (and any penalties, interest, and other additions thereto) that are imposed on that party upon or with respect to the transactions and payments under this Agreement.
- You may cancel your AIDA account at any time. Refunds are only issued if required by law.
- We may change AIDA Services offering and AIDA fees in effect but will give you advance notice of these changes via a message to the email address associated with your account.
- You can interrupt the use of AIDA services at any time for the accounts of the Professional & Business plans.
- For the Enterprise plan you may terminate this Agreement for any reason by providing us with a 90 days advance notice and closing your account for all AIDA Services for whichthe account closing mechanism is guaranteed.
- In turn we may terminate this Agreement for any reason by providing an advance notice of at least 90 days for the Enterprise plan and 30 days for the Professional & Business plans.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to AIDA services with a 30 days advance notice in the event that you:
- Breach of these Terms
- Use the Services in a way that would cause a real risk of harm or loss to us or other users
- Have an expired AIDA trial account trial and haven’t accessed AIDA Services for 3 consecutive months
We’ll provide you with reasonable advance notice via the email address associated to your account to remedy the activity that prompted us to contact you and give you the opportunity to export Your Document and Content from AIDA Services. If after such notice you fail to take the steps we ask of you, we’ll terminate or suspend your access to AIDA Services.
We won’t provide notice before termination where:
- You’re committing a serious violation of these Terms
- Doing so would cause us legal liability or compromise our ability to provide the AIDA Services to other users
- We're prohibited from doing so by law
9. Services "AS IS"
We strive to provide great Services, but there are certain things that we can't guarantee. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE AND OUR AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORSMAKE NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,ABOUT THE SERVICES. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". WE DO NOT ALSO DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND OF NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some states do not allow the types of restrictions indicated in this section, so these restrictions may not apply.
10. Limitation of liability
WE AND OUR AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUES, CUSTOMERS, OPPORTUNITIES, GOODWILL, USE, OR DATA), EVEN IF A PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. FURTHER, NEITHER WE NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COMPENSATION, REIMBURSEMENT, OR DAMAGES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH: (A) YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING AS A RESULT OF ANY (I) TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE OFFERINGS, (II) OUR DISCONTINUATION OF ANY OR ALL OF THE SERVICE OFFERINGS, OR, (III) WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OBLIGATIONS UNDER THE SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENTS, ANY UNANTICIPATED OR UNSCHEDULED DOWNTIME OF ALL OR A PORTION OF THE SERVICES FOR ANY REASON; (B) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; (C) ANY INVESTMENTS, EXPENDITURES, OR COMMITMENTS BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE OFFERINGS; OR (D) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR THE DELETION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, LOSS OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY OF YOUR CONTENT OR OTHER DATA. IN ANY CASE, EXCEPT FOR PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS UNDER SECTION 7.1, OUR AND OUR AFFILIATES’ AND LICENSORS’ AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU ACTUALLY PAY US UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR THE SERVICE THAT GAVE RISE TO THE CLAIM IN THE PREVIOUS MONTHS BEFORE THE LIABILITY AROSE. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 10 APPLY ONLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
11. Dispute Resolution
- First let's try to sort things out. We want to address your concerns without needing a formal legal case. Before filing a claim against us, you agree to try to resolve the dispute informally bycontacting us at the email address email@example.com.We’ll try to resolve the dispute informally by contactingyou via email. If the dispute is not resolved within 15 days ofsubmission, you orus may bring a formal proceeding.
- Judicial forum for disputes.You and us agree that any judicial proceeding to resolveclaims relating to these Terms or Services will be brought exclusively in the court of Torino, Italy.
We may revise these Terms from time to time to better reflect:
- changes to the law
- new regulatory requirements
- improvements or enhancements made to our Services
13. Acceptable Use Policy
You agree not to misuse the AIDA services ("Services") or help anyone else to do so. For example, you must not even try to do any of the following in connection with the Services:
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network, unless done in compliance with our Bug Bounty Program
- breach or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas or parts of the Services, or shared areas of the Services you haven't been invited to
- interfere with or disrupt any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any part of the Services
- access, search, or create accounts for the Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, "scraping" or creating accounts in bulk)
- send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam
- send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including "spoofing" or "phishing"
- promote or advertise products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization
- abuse referrals or promotions to get access other features than the ones deserved or to sell any feature received from referrals or promotions
- circumvent either storage space or feature limits
- sell the Services unless specifically authorized to do so
- publish or share materials that are unlawfully pornographic or indecent, or that contain extreme acts of violence or terrorist activity, including terror propaganda
- advocate bigotry or hatred against any person or group of people based on their race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or impairment
- harass or abuse our personnel or representatives or agents performing services on behalf of us
- violate the law in any way, including storing, publishing or sharing material that's fraudulent, defamatory, or misleading
- violate the privacy or infringe the rights of others